Solar Self-consumption Projects
Under implementation, there are 2 more stores: Sintra and Albufeira, totaling 750 kWp, that is, Leroy Merlin will have an installed capacity of 3.52 MWp
Electric Mobility Projects
Chargers installed: 1 normal dual charger in the Leroy Merlin store in Setubal. (allows charging two cars in parallel)
Future stores with chargers (coming soon)
- Aveiro, Leiria, Matosinhos, Sintra, Albufeira, Funchal
There will be 6 normal dual chargers and 7 fast chargers
Leroy Merlin in total will be left with 7 normal chargers (double) and 7 fast chargers. In total, it will be possible to charge 21 electric cars in parallel.
Energy efficiency projects
- Relighting in 3 stores: Coimbra, Maia and Matosinhos that originated a 36% reduction in consumption and a reduction in maintenance costs for lighting equipment
- Several energy audits carried out with the identification of measures to optimize energy consumption
- Catalog of measures to reduce energy consumption: addresses practical measures to reduce energy consumption: from solutions for coating materials, thermal insulation, choice of equipment, good practices to be incorporated by all employees in their day to day and good practices for operation and maintenance of stores.
Breeam Certification is an international evaluation system that measures the degree of environmental sustainability of buildings.
Various sustainability requirements are measured, organized into the following Categories: management, health and welfare, energy, transport, water, materials, waste, ecology and land use, pollution, and innovation.
This certificate contributes to promote a much more sustainable and environmentally friendly construction.
Although it is not a mandatory certification, Leroy Merlin is carrying it out because it contributes to the company's reputation and social responsibility objective, brand reputation and trust, but also to greater operational efficiency.
As a brand dedicated to DIY, and that positions itself as "Positive Habitat", it makes perfect sense to obtain this certification.
It is currently being applied in 5 stores: Leiria, Albufeira, Aveiro, Funchal, Loulé.
Energy Clustering & Benchmarks Study.
The various stores were grouped into clusters according to their climate zone and typology, allowing them to be classified into stores with better or lower energy performance.
By creating a benchmark, it will be possible for Leroy Merlin to understand and develop best practices and processes that will lead to better store performance.
It is very much a tool to answer "where to act?" questions, but it will also enable:
- Explain differences in performance (energy and therefore economic) between stores;
- To evaluate each store's potential for improvement in terms of the indicators considered;
- Identify "best practices" and cross-cutting programs to be launched in the near future to enable practical implementation of the improvement potential;
- To support the design process of future stores and refurbishments in order to have a universe of more sustainable stores during the operation phase.
As a strategic objective, all of Leroy Merlin's initiatives are well detailed in the brand's Sustainability Report.